Qian,
 That's a good point, for 2) the application certainly needs to know that
CONNECTIONLOSS has happened and it cannot connect to any of the servers.
After spending some time on ZOOKEEPER-22, I am a little concerned about how
much ZOOKEEPER-22 can do. I will post my thoughts/findings/concerns on the
jira and you are welcome to give your feedback.

Thanks
mahadev