awesome! that would be great ivan. i'm sure pat has some more concrete suggestions, but one simple thing to do is to run the unit tests and look at the log messages that get output. there are a couple of categories of things that need to be fixed (this is in no way exhaustive):

1) messages that have useful information, but only if you look in the code to figure out what it means. there are some leader election messages that fall into this category. it would be nice to clarify them. 2) there are error messages that really aren't errors. when shutting down there are a bunch of errors that are expected, but still logged, for example.
3) misclassified error levels

welcome aboard!

ben