Using two machines running ZK will actually decrease your reliability
>> compared to using a single machine.  Consider using one machine or three.
>>

> ?
>
> Not meaning to pull the thread off-topic, but I don't understand why this
> should be the case.  Can you elaborate?

With majority-based quorums, a 2 node ensemble will fail if either machine
fails. This is the same as a 1 node ensemble - if one machine fails, the
ensemble fails.

But with the 2 nodes, you have (roughly) double the probability of
experiencing a single failure, with the same failure profile.

cheers,
Henry

--
Henry Robinson