David Rouchy:
> Hi all,
>
> We are studying using ZooKeeper to manage configuration across multiple
> processes & server. What would be also interesting, as ZooKeeper know the
> list of process running, would be to use it to distribute tasks.
>
> We have some long running tasks, so we used multiple servers to process
> multiple tasks in the same time. My idea would be to use multiple ephemeral
> watcher connected to one znode. A process will send data to this node when
>  a new task has to be launched. But here is my issue, I would like only one
>  watcher to be triggered of this change (a random watcher in the list). Is
>  there way to do such thing in ZooKeeper?
>
> Regards,
>
> David Rouchy

Hi David,

there's gearman[1], a client-server system to distribute tasks. I've mentioned
it already two times on this list, so sorry for the repetition. Gearman
servers and clients are availabe in different implementations that use the
same protocol and are interchangeable AFAIK.
If somebody would build a gearman server using Zookeeper, there would be a
whole ecosystem for ZK for free to conquer!

[1] http://gearman.org

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro