Hi Ashwin,
 We have seen people wanting to have something like ZooKeeper without the
reliability of permanent storage and are willing to work with loosened
guarantees of current Zookeeper. What you mention on log files is certainly
a valid use case.

It would be great to see how much throughput you will be able to get in such
a scenario wherein we never log onto a permanent store. Do you want to try
this out and see what kind of throughput difference you can get?

Thanks
mahadev