Dylan,

This is how Zope works. You get one copy of every object per thread, and - for skin objects - per CMF/Plone instance. This has always been the case, so please excuse the lack of enthusiasm :-).

Additionally, nobody ever claimed that you could run Zope/Plone off your average hosting package, in fact you typically cannot. I am not willing to spend time on optimizing Zope or Plone for lame hosting arrangements, the solution is simple: Get a real computer.

Trying-not-to-sound-patronizing-ly,

Stefan