Florent Guillaume wrote:
I'd like to have some clarifications from the Plone team about what they expect to do w.r.t. events in CMF 1.6.

I see two possibilities:
1. you guys are prepared to do the work needed for Plone products to use super() in manage_afterAdd & co, in which case I can merge my branch into CMF 1.6 2. you feel that's too dangerous and, as Plone intends to use CMF 1.6, I'll merge for CMF 2.0 only.

Be aware that if 2. is chosen, you won't be able to use Zope 3 events at all with CMF 1.6.

As a bystander, I have a suspicion that this discussion might be helped via an IRC appointment?

--Paul