On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:16:11 -0000, Martijn Faassen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Additionally, I think sometimes doing some of 1 can be beneficial to 2. In particular, it may be worthwhile to start supporting Z3 widgets in Archetypes (I read somewhere that plone_schema makes this possible already? Cool!). In that case, it may make sense to adapt Archetypes to support them, in turn stimulating people to port their widgets, or write new widgets that way at least. That way, they get immediate functionality while doing the right thing for future development, and Z3 gets lots of cool new widgets.

I'm not sure that's what plone_schemas does; I think it rather makes Z3 content objects with schemas defined in interfaces the Z3 way work with some of Plone's machinery and UI. I may be wrong, though, I've only briefly scanned the code.

Martin

--
(muted)