yuppie wrote:
I think we all know this is where we need to be eventually, 2.0 seems the right time to do that, I'd actually prefer this, even though it'll delay the 2.0 release...

Might make sense. But I'll not work on this on my own, so unless there are other volunteers this is not really an option.

Well, if you hit specific problems, I'd be happy to try and help...

Thinking a bit more about it, I doubt this will work. The translations returned by Five's translation service are unicode. And we can't change them without monkey patching.

So I still tend to option 3.2.: Decode non-unicode strings before passing them to page templates.

Yup, that sounds sensible. Get as much to be unicode as possible...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk