Hi!

Tres Seaver wrote:

Florent Guillaume wrote:
Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

On 1 Feb 2006, at 17:30, Florent Guillaume wrote:

When you select a new base profile in the Properties tab, the toolset
and import/export steps are not reset but simply updated. This means
you can get steps unrelated to your profile that linger.

I'd like to change that behavior so that the toolset and steps are
reset when a base profile is selected.

+1 (unless I misinterpret the desired behavior of switching between
base profiles)

Hm a side effect is that if you select the initial base profile, then an
extension profile, then the original base profile again, you won't have
what you expect.

Because the "current base profile id" is not stored, there's no way to
do detect the change to a different base profile. Should I store that
property to allow for that use case?

Selecting a profile should never be destructive. Maybe I just want to load new handlers or run a single import step.

But why not clearing the registries if a complete base profile is *applied*? Even if it is the current base profile I can't see why we would not want to do that.

Yes.  In fact, I would prefer to be able to introspect both "current
base profile" and "applied extension profiles" from the tool.

I don't want to go down that road. The next step would be to keep track of the applied profiles a snapshot is based on. Things become more and more complicated and we still can't rely on that information: Sites created with older CMF versions don't have that information and manual customizations can make it quite useless.

Cheers,

        Yuppie