Hi David!

David Pratt wrote:
I've outlined the problem in collector #406.

The issue reported in http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/406 seems to be an other issue than the invalid ID issue.

David Pratt wrote:
Hi. In CMF-2.0.0 I have discovered I cannot make an index_html on a folder level TTW.

Traceback (innermost last):
Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 359, in manage_addPageTemplate
  Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 297, in _setObject
  Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 94, in checkValidId
BadRequest: The id "index_html" is invalid - it is already in use.

index_html's behavior has been to override on a folder level. Has this changed? What is the alternative?

Do you still have the invalid ID problem? I was not able to reproduce it. Do you see these issues also with a default installation or only with browser views enabled?

If you enable the views the old TTW customization patterns will no longer work. If you want to customize the views of specific folders you can mark those folders TTW with an interface and define views for that interface in your product.

Cheers,

        Yuppie