Sidnei da Silva wrote:
That BeforeTraverseEvent should be fired by ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py,
after it looks up __before_publishing_traverse__ but before calling it
I believe. Firing it from inside CMF doesn't make sense.

Yes, the ZPublisher should be firing it. But it doesn't. While it's clearly an oversight for Zope 2.10, I wonder if it can be classified as a bug or not. Probably not.

Certainly a lot of existing Zope 2 ISites will have this hideous persistent before-traverse hook that came to us via whoever thought of Five.site (*cough* right, Sidnei? :)). So if the ZPublisher introduces this event, we'll ahve to be careful that it won't be sent twice for an object...

Patches are welcome :).

Next Zope 3 training at Camp5: http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/camp5