I didn't do anything with PDO either.

I just:
* Put files from the full Oracle install some header files into the directory rdbms/public and network (neither of which are created by the version of the Instant Client that I installed). I found the instructions most helpful (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/zope/db/177133).
    * changed all instances (3) of "dword *" to "dvoid *" in src/dco2.c
    * changed "DEFS= @DEFS@" to "DEFS= " in src/Makefile
* commented all the Oracle detection logic in src/testora and hard coded:
          o ORADEF="-DORACLE10g -DUSEOBJECT -DNATIVENUMERIC"
          o ORAINCLUDES="-lclntsh"

--Seth

Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:
Jet Wilda wrote:

Here http://www.zope.org/Members/jetfu/HowToInstallDcOracle2/howto_view
is a how to I wrote up on how I got DCOracle2 to install with Oracle 10g

hi,

I just had reason to go back to use DCOracle2 on Linux and Oracle 10g

Your Howto indicates that PDO is needed in order to compile DCO2. I do not recognise this requirement - granted I have been absent from the DCO2 world for some time, but is PDO a new requirement?

Thanks,

/dario

--
Seth Gottlieb