I've managed using the ZCatalog now.  However, I have a small problem:

When I instansiate a ZCatalog at the root of a tree, and search
for all objects matching a given meta-type, all the objects in
the entire tree are returned.

Is there a way to instruct the ZCatalog instance that it should only
return objects from within a certin part of the tree, without instansiating
a new ZCatalog instance in the given subtree?

I.e.:

Zope

Catalog (meta-type ZCatalog)

        Folder1

                Folder2

                        Object1 (meta-type test)

                Folder3

                        Object2 (meta-type test)

                Folder4

                        Object3 (meta-type test)

        FolderA

                FolderB

                        ObjectA (meta-type test)

                FolderC

                        ObjectB (meta-type test)

                FolderD

                        ObjectC (meta-type test)

Now, is there a way I can tell the ZCatalog instance at the root
folder to only return the objects mathing meta-type test in
thee FolderA folder?

Thanks in advance.

-Morten