I am trying to make a stand-alone Page Templates packages that doesn't have any Zope dependencies. I was able to short circuit security and acquisition. I re-implemented MultiMapping in plain Python and made the Base class just an empty class.

This is passing most of the regression tests, but there is one big issue left. When a page template invokes something that is a function, it prints the equivalent of 'repr(function)' instead of 'function()'. What magic that goes on within Zope am I missing in my wrapper?

Kevin Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]