Brian Lloyd wrote:
FYI - we plan for this to be fixed in 2.6.2, preferably by fixing
the version machinery to require the "join / leave versions"
permission (which is assigned only to managers by default.

It will be interesting to find out how this can be accomplished. To use a version, you have to specify the version at the time of opening the database. Before opening the database, the application has no access to user accounts, let alone security settings.

I really wouldn't mind if we just disabled version support altogether, with a configuration option to re-enable it. Perhaps users would appreciate having less to worry about.

Shane