Evan Simpson wrote at 2003-9-8 14:43 -0500:
 > I'm thinking seriously about writing a Product to provide collections of
 > Python functions defined by a single source text -- PythonLibraries.

+ 1

 >    The Python Libraries Product provides support for collections of
 >    restricted Python code.  A Python Library is similar to a Folder
 >    full of Python-based Scripts, except that the functions in the
 >    Library are more like ordinary Python functions than Scripts, and
 >    a single persistent global variable namespace is shared among the
 >    functions in the Library.

Hopefully, these variables are used only for customization.

I have been hit in the past, when I used compiled regular
expressions as default parameters to an "ExternalMethod".
Apparently, because some objects (such as compiled
regular expressions) cannot be stored (worse loaded)
persistently.

Dieter