Tim Peters wrote:
[Seb Bacon]

But main the reason I'm posting is to wonder if there any reason not
to use the multiunion operator instead of the union operator in
UnIndex.py... it should be faster, right?  It seems a touch faster in
some informal tests.

[Casey Duncan]

Yes, it probably should be used. I think it is much faster when
unioning very small and very large sets as well. Tim would know
better, tho.

time.clock() knows best <wink>.

I asked time.clock(), and it says the difference between union and multiunion is not statistically significant in my scenario (7 sets of 27k catalog data record ids, with about 25k in the intersection of all 7).

So I'm not going to bother changing this in UnIndex.

Seb