Bjorn Stabell wrote:
Hi Peter,

I think I did find some sort of knob for this

For Apache 2.0, mod_cache, dir. CacheIgnoreCacheControl could be used for this
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_cache.html

For Apache 1.3 mod_proxy, dir. CacheMaxExpire could do http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_proxy.html#cachemaxexpire

I think this will force Apache to cache content no matter if the
content's headers have cache control settings, but will it force Apache
to not re-request the content if the browser forces a reload?
(Ctrl-refresh in IE.)

This really should be tested, but as far as I can remember it did serve from cache rather than rerequest. Its been some time since I did this (and at another company) and unfortunately I cant remember this too clearly... From the 'CacheIgnoreCacheControl' at least it does sound like it would ignore the spec and serve cached content though.

cheers,
peter.