Martijn Faassen wrote:
Jim Fulton wrote:

Martijn's suggestion was to use an alternate name for the "__implements__" attribute. I suppost I could do that -- call mine
"__narya_interfaces__", but that sounds ugly. In particular, I
don't really want my interfaces module to actually *conflict* with
Zope's.

As I mentioned on the zope3-dev list, you want to use the facade Interface from (Packages3/Interface) in Zope 2.7. This is a bit of a pain to set up. The facade will be a standard part of Zope 2.8.

As a note so Terry also sees; I couldn't get this to work.

Setting it up using the zope.conf 'path' setting in Zope 2.7 to include this on the Python path fails, as Zope actually imports the old (non facade) interface package before it gets to do configuration. This means the facade never is imported, as the next imports will re-use the cached initial import.

Here is an excerpt from the 'runzope' I use for "FrankenZope" sites (that is our affectionate name for that Interface package):

  #!/bin/sh
  python="/opt/zc/bin/python2.3"
  zope_home="/opt/zc/lib/zope2.7"
  zodb3_home="/opt/zc/lib/zodb3.2"
  zope3_home="/opt/zc/lib/zope3"
  instance="/var/zc/appserver"
  transylvania="/opt/zc/lib/frankenzope"  # contains Interface!
  # N.B.:  $instance/lib/python contains a symlink to $transylvania

  PYTHONPATH="$instance/lib/python:$zodb3_home:$zope_home:zope3_home"
  export PYTHONPATH

  config_file="/opt/zc/etc/zope.conf"
  zope_run="$zope_home/Zope/Startup/run.py"

exec "$python" "$zope_run" -C "$config_file" "$@"

Note that I abandoned earlier versions which just tried to force $transylvania into the head of $PYTHONPATH. I don't recall now *why* that didn't work; it could have been unrelated pilot error. I can verify that with this setup, the shambling hulk *does* arise from the charging table.

Tres.