Jim Fulton wrote:
I thought you had proposed this, but I couldn't find a proposal
or documentation.

You say this is implemented in Zope 2? Where is it documented?

Actually, it's only implemented on evan-pathprefix-branch. It has been quite a while since I had a chance to work on it, so I had forgotten that it was never merged, or properly documented for that matter. Pretty much all the information about it that isn't in the source code is in the ZPT list archives from August and September (e.g. http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zpt/2003-August/004902.html) So, no worries if you decide to take a completely different direction -- it was never released.

Cheers,

Evan