Dieter Maurer wrote:
Tres Seaver wrote at 2004-5-21 15:09 -0400:

I have not yet found exactly how Formulator triggers a commit,
but it is definitely something called by its initialize() function.

It is probably trying to do the Right Thing (TM) by registering with the help system. The fact that the help system writes to the database is a wart the size of my foot.

Yup, it's the help system.

But "Formulator" is a bit stupid about this registering.

While most other products recognize, that they have already
registered (in a previous startup), "Formulator" does not.

A long time ago, I had fixed that in "Formulator"
but the fix did not go into the following releases.

I must've missed the patch you sent me, my apologies.

I know this has been reported before but I haven't looked into it yet. I'm wondering how to handle Formulator upgrades though -- just checking if you've been registered in a previous startup is not enough if the help text changes between releases, is it?

It's been a long time since I worked with the Zope help system..

Regards,

Martijn