Martijn Faassen wrote:
Jim Fulton wrote:

Martijn Faassen wrote:

I chose alternative 4 from:

http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/RenameTheZopePackage

As that seemed to be the most popular, although I personnally prefer
3.

Resolving this peacefully is becoming more urgent for me as I'd
like to be able to use Five (Zope 3 on Zope 2) on Windows
eventually.

Is there some workaround?

Sure, put "zope" in a different directory.

I don't understand what this means. A different directly on the python path?

I would recommend leaving old Zope2 stuff in lib/python and putting all Z3-related stuff in a parallel directory called 'src'. That way you can run a whole Zope3 checkout in parallel to Zope2. Telling Zope2 about the extra python-path shouldn't be a problem through ZConfig (there's a directive).

Philipp