--On Freitag, 25. Februar 2005 20:21 Uhr +0100 Dieter Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Roché Compaan wrote at 2005-2-25 17:22 +0200:
Last year in March the following checkin was made that changed
ZCatalog's getObject to use restrictedTraverse instead of
unrestrictedTraverse. See:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-checkins/2004-March/026846.html

In my opininion this is wrong,

I agree with you!

I would propose that getObject does an unrestrictedTraverse of the path
and then checks if the user has permission to access that the object.

I argued precisely this approach with the person who made the change. I had the impression that I have convinced him -- but apparently, he did not change the code accordingly :-(

Maybe, a bug report to the collector will help?

       <http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope>

Best to include a patch as well :-)

-aj