On Apr 7, 2005, at 6:50, Andreas Jung wrote:
Even small modifications to the security machinery tend to
end up in lots of problems.

The latest prominent example: the changes introduced with
Zope 2.7.3: It took two releases (until 2.7.5) and
more than 6 months (at least in my memory) before everything
worked again as it should...

I don't know exactly to which changes do you refer. Either little people that this problem or people did not use these releases or people did not test enough or people did not contribute enough to fix this bug in time *wink*.

This is probably in reference to some overeager security checks that caused login boxes in unexpected places. Jim and Tres fixed that for 2.7.5. I thought that problem was older than 2.7.3, though.

jens