Hi Mark!

Mark Hammond wrote:
For me, WinBuilders *seemed* to work fine - until I realized that it was
reusing files from my previous 2.7 build.  After nuking my 'build'
directory, I get this error:

touch "/cygdrive/e/src/zope-packages/build/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py"
touch: creating
`/cygdrive/e/src/zope-packages/build/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py': No
such file or directory
make: ***
[/cygdrive/e/src/zope-packages/build/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py] Error 1

It appears the path should now be lib/python/Zope2/Startup/run.py.

There was some talk about moving WinBuilders to under the main Zope tree -
that would solve a few problems related to the build - including the "wrong
pywin32 version one" (as it would have been much more difficult to not
update WinBuilders!)

Regarding the other bugs:

Yuppie proposed 1776, but I'm afraid I don't understand the context of that
report, so I'm unable to help.

That's nothing Windows specific. Just an other release blocker.

As Tim said, 1763 and 1711 don't apply.

That leaves only 1728 and 1507, which appear the same issue - Yuppie just
recently posted more information about that.  Just before his mail I updated
1728 to indicate something similar, and that it is apparently not a
"windows" bug.

I'll fix the Zope 2.8 related issues in 1728/1507 as soon as we have a fixed ZConfig version. No idea how to fix them without changing ZConfig.

So I can't see anything else I can help with for 2.8.

I don't understand that WinBuilders stuff. So it would be nice if you could help Christian with those issues if he needs help.

Cheers,

        Yuppie