Hi,

the current release model of Zope 2 is based on doing at least one beta release for minor releases (Zope 2.7.X where X > 0). I have the strong impression that beta releases are not adopted and tested by most people. They usually use the "final" version of a release. So most bugs are discovered in final releases and not in beta releases. People interested in the most current version can and do download the sources from the CVS or SVN. So I propose to skip beta releases for minor releases in the future. Alpha and beta releases are fine for major releases. Beta releases for a minor release can be made if there are some changes or fixes that must be tested by people.

Any comments?

Andreas