Hi Florent,

Damn, I was working on this at the same time :-S

Florent Guillaume wrote:
I've improved the logging of ConflictError in Zope 2.9 and trunk.

http://svn.zope.org/?rev=40454&view=rev

Now you'll get two things:
- logs at level BLATHER for each conflict, but it may be retried
- log at level ERROR when the conflict can't be retried anymore and is returned to the browser as an error.

In my work, I've actually changed this to use the new, proper logging calls. I'll be comitting later this morning.

I removed the log at level INFO because it is very misleading for system administrators in my experience.

I don't think so, I've actually changed and enhanced this in my work. You now get a log at INFO whenever a conflict occurs. It includes more information than the old version, as you'll see...

Do people want this also for 2.8? Note that it changes the log format, so may break third party tools that parse logs.

I was planning on rolling my changes out to 2.8, 2.9 and the trunk. Unless anyone strenuously objects, I still intend to do that. I cleaned up a lot of the code and made a few other changes that generally improve logging.

It's a shame Florent and I were genuinely working on this at the same time without the other knowing...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk