--On 25. März 2006 21:40:48 +0100 Yoshinori Okuji <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Saturday 25 March 2006 15:56, Andreas Jung wrote:
Zope 2.7 throws a BadPickleGet, 12 exception, Zope 2.8 throws
BadPickleGet, 13 and Zope 2.9 raises the described UnicodeDecodeError.
I don't expect that the import functionality works for even more complex
objects. So I consider the whole functionality as totally broken. The
generated XML might be useful to perform any processing outside Zope but
using it for re-importing it into another Zope systems definitely does
_not_  work. So if the functionality should remain in Zope then it should
be fixed
for Zope 2.10 lately.

Here is a quick patch for this problem (against 2.9.1). There were two
different problems:

- the id attributes were not generated, because the conditional was
reverse.

- unlike xmllib, expat always returns Unicode data, so simply
concatenating  binary values generates Unicode objects with non-ascii
characters.

Thanks for the patch (commited for Zope 2.8, 2.9. trunk). This solves at least the import problems on my side. Unfortunately there are no tests
for export/import so fixing issues is like flying blindfolded.

-aj