This is an old ZODB, right?

ZGlobals is used by ZClasses. There used to be a time when ZGlobals was still a BTree when it should have been a BTrees.BTree. Then some migration code was added. I suppose the error comes from the fact that BTree.so is now finally no longer part of Zope and your ZODB is old. Or something along these lines ;-)

Anyway, as long as you don't use ZClasses (and I seem to remember you, err, are pretty explicit about your dislike) forget about it.

Stefan