Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 20. April 2006 20:29:30 +0200 Dieter Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Up to you to decide whether we may break the general rule
("no new features in micro releases") for features of this kind.

We've always included minor features that aren't obviously critical
micro release. The general rule basically applies applies to really new
features. If this patch is acceptable and useful for everyone affected (Alec?).

I don't have time to comment on the specific issue.

In general, I think that new features in bug-fix releases are a bad idea.
Of course, the line between bug-fix and feature is not always crisp.
Something that is really a new feature should wait for a feature release.

Note that the next feature release should happen in a couple of months.

Jim