--On 14. Juni 2006 08:23:53 -0400 Chris McDonough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The product I speak of above has 700 individual unit tests and still has
bugs.  Shrug.  I expect some breakage, and the tests will catch most of
them, and that's fine.  But I also have maybe five or six open source
products that I maintain which don't see attention every week or even
every month or sometimes every six months, because I'm working on other
stuff.  These are problematic for me to keep in sync, which causes
problems for other folks.

You will always have this migration risk. The risk increases with the number of frameworks you use. This also happened lately with my current Plone project where the CUstomiziationPolicy API disappeared without deprecation in Plone 2.5 which is currently a blocker to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.5.

-aj