Chris Withers wrote:
Andreas Jung wrote:

I've had problems when it's an encoded string, but that seems to be what
is stored when you save a ZPT via the ZMI or WebDAV...

ZPT in pre-Zope 2.10 knows nothing about unicode...it can be anything :-)

And what about 2.10?

FWIW, this seems to be problematic due to Zope 3's i18n stuff returning unicodes.

Prior to that, everything was a happy utf-8 encoded string.

What does Zope 2.10 do with all of this?

This would be my next question too regarding the management_page_charset
cleanup I'm currently playing with. My vote would be to store unicode
where possible - so you dont screw up everything when you change
default_zpublisher_encoding in zope.conf.

Regards
Tino