--On 28. August 2007 12:04:35 +0100 Laurence Rowe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
<snip />
I believe that "datetime" is not even importable in TTW code
and "datetime" objects not accessible in TTW code -- at least,
they have not been until recently...

allow_module('datetime') is all you had to do. Ok, admittedly, pure-TTW
developers who can't or won't touch filesystem code were out of luck,
but everybody who *knew* about datetime and wanted to use it could have
done so.

There are a lot of pure TTW developers, they don't tend to be vocal on
these lists though. It would be really good to get the datetime module
allowed for them, along with set and frozenset which are now built in.

I am not sure if TTW developers would be happy with the pure datetime API.
datetime basically exposes one useful method for TTW developers: strftime().
DateTime has a much richer API for doing useful things, less useful things and stupid things. I came across python-dateutil some days ago

<http://labix.org/python-dateutil>

which appears really impressive to me (and useful). python-dateutil + datetime would be an equivalent replacement for DateTime.

Just for the logs: I gave up my work on an inplace DateTime migration..
too compliated, too much cruft would have to remain for backward compatibility. Let's see how we can address the issue in a reasonable way :-)

Andreas