I've tested my patch (datetime.datetime support) against Amos's branch and it applies cleanly and all tests pass.

It seems though that the new timezones are not used much... doing a DateTime() gives me DateTime('2007/10/05 14:20:27.204176 GMT+1') (with my pathc applied too). Looking up tz = d._tzinfo[d.timezone()] gives me an old style timezone, as _tz is 'GMT+1'.

It would be very useful to be able to get pytz tzinfo for a DateTime object. It would allow me to return a timezone aware datetime.datetime from asdatetime().

Ideally the old names should be mapped onto pytz timezones.

Laurence

Laurence Rowe wrote:
I've been working on this too today (well datetime handling anyway). Please see my patch at https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/149060

Laurence

Amos Latteier wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to let folks know that I've created the amos-datetime-pytz
branch with my changes.

Please let me know when/if you'd like me to merge this to the trunk.

Of course I'm also happy to receive any criticism or comments on the changes.

Thanks!

-Amos