On 25 Nov 2007, at 13:37 , Chris Withers wrote:
Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
class IComponentRegistry(interface.Interface):
I think you should use zope.component.getGlobalSiteManager() for this.

So getGlobalSiteManager returns a component registry?

Yes. It returns the one and only global registry.

If so, how come it's not called getGlobalComponentRegistry?

Because component registries used to be called site managers and we can't just change the API at this point anymore.

How do you set up nested registries? For example, if a certain area of a site should have a registry which overrides the global one, but only for that area, and should fall back on it if not adapter could be found?

You use sites. Sites are places (usually containers) in the component hierarchy that have (local) component registries associated with them. And yes, the name "site" is misleading, but again, we have it as legacy now. How to work with sites, how to set them up, etc. is all explained in my book. I'm sure you have a copy :)

(Btw, this thread has nothing to do with the development *of* Zope and is therefore [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] rather than zope-dev@zope.org material.)