Andreas Jung schrieb:
The best thing is: try it out! Since your application has unittests, it should be easy to verify the functionality against a new version :-)

The problem is more complicated unfortunately: I want to use z3c.rml which needs zope.schema, zope.interface and other packages. Fedora currently ships the old zope.interface (3.0) which seems to be too old for zope.schema 3.4.

I built RPM packages for myself but thought about submitting these to Fedora. Therefore I have an undefined set of applications possible using zope.interface 3.0 (and relying on this version). Even if my custom application has a very good unit test coverage, this does not help the Fedora Project.

On the other hand if there was a commitment to a stable (downwards compatible) API in 3.x, I think it would be much easier to get my RPMs into Fedora.

fs