On 2008-05-01 02:06:17 +0200, "Roger Ineichen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

What does this mean?
The locale extraction is now a part of a recipe
and not a part of a package itself.

My goal is to remove the dependencies in the
z3c.recipe.i18n, because right now it uses the
base implementation in zope.app.locales which makes
it depend on the hole zope namepsace. Because of
the overall zope.* dependenc in zope.app.locale.

Actually, there is lovely.receipe:i18n which provides i18n extraction. Does z3c.recipe.i18n something else or why is there yet another i18n recipe?

The best option whould be to split zope.app.locales
into usefull packages. The not so good optipon whould
be to copy over the relevant classes and scripts to
the recipe and skip the dependency to zope.app.locale.

I also started to use the recipe in z3c.locales
and zam.locales. Take a look at this package for
a real usecase.

What do you think? Should we switch the locale extraction
to that concept for the zope.* packages too or not?

Exctaction should be in a recipe, of course. But I'm also advocating for having the translations in the package and having one domain per package. `

--
Christian Zagrodnick

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891