I'm chasing a problem when trying to use zope.sessions with Zope 2.12.x, and I'm beginning to think that they are an incompatible mix of Zope2 and Zope3 technologies.

Can anyone confirm either way, so I know whether I'm wasting my time.

What is happening is when I adapt the request I receive to IClientId, the CookieClientIdManager within zope.sessions code (logically) wants to invoke request.response.getCookie(). However the response object my view is receiving is a ZServerHTTPResponse, which lacks such a method. Considering that Zope 2.12.x runs ZServer, it makes sense I'm seeing ZServerHTTPRequest/ZServerHTTPResponse objects, but that means the ClientIdManager inside zope.session is just not compatible with ZServer.

Am I missing something? Is there some magic someplace that fixes up the incompatibility in some way I'm missing?

I'm guessing my only solution is to re-implement a ClientIdManager utility that restricts itself to the API provided by ZServerHTTPRequest/ZServerHTTPResponse.

-Jeff