On 20.08.2012 12:39, Charlie Clark wrote:
I raised a specific objection: that the onus is on anyone with a Github
account to demonstrate their code does not violate any patents in the
case of a claim feels like a pretty real threat to me.
i agree. but even here i wonder whats the difference if someone claims copyright on code which was committed at github vs. code which was committed somewhere else.

Again, as Jens has repeatedly said we should not conflate the separate
items of toolchain and service provider. Zope Foundation has hardware
and a proven track record in hosting. Is anyone actually criticising this?
No.

-Robert

Charlie

--