On 12/13/2012 12:30 AM, Tres Seaver wrote:

On 12/12/2012 04:12 PM, Roger wrote:

I guess the peristent release is broken. At least with my windows
minsys setup. (I don't use cygwin)

Should this work or does persistent require a special build setup?

bin\buildout.exe Develop:
'D:\\svnRefline\\packages\\branches\\dev-2.0-core\\externals\\p01.cdn\\.'

Installing test.
Getting distribution for 'persistent>=4.0.0dev,<4.1dev'. cc1.exe:
error: unrecognized command line option '-mno-cygwin' error: Setup
script exited with error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1 An
error occurred when trying to install persistent 4.0.4. Look above
this message for any errors that were output by easy_install. While:
Installing test. Getting distribution for
'persistent>=4.0.0dev,<4.1dev'. Error: Couldn't install: persistent
4.0.4

I don't know what the error message is about '-mno-cygwin'.  I do know
that the 4.0.4 release has extension modules which compoile under
Python3, but which are not importable:  I've been working on that today.

Because I'm working on cross-version stuff, I haven't been using
zc.buildout.  I can install 'persistent==4.0.4' in a virtualenv, howeer,
and the buildout works for me under Python 2.x.

Let's put the blame on windows. A process got stuck on winbot, so it could not release the binaries. Now I kicked it and all should be fine.

--
Best regards,
 Adam GROSZER