Hi,

I hope we can all have this together in a couple of weeks,
Weeks? Wasn't it working yesterday? :-)
On 8/22/06, Andrew Sawyers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
What's up with zopefoundation.org - especially since it's changed since I
looked at it yesterday?  :P)
Yeah, I second that question. :^) It seems to me that the fastest way
of doing this is doing what was done yesterday, and redirecting
www.zope.org/foundation there.

Unfortunately it was in a hosted environment entirely separate from zope.org or even the zope community as far as I'm aware. We also had the impression that it seemed to offer limited content management facilities - more facilities to maintain members and so on, but we don't have a need for something like that just yet.

Well, considering what kind of files are currently posted on www.zope.org/foundation (these seem to be all .pdf files) these could have been easily posted in the File Center of "yesterdays" www.zopefoundation.org site.

For an example of another site doing this see:

http://new.ispad.org/FileCenter.html

The previous system certainly does offer limited CMS capabilities (by design) ... but so far I don't see any content that would prove a problem.

The goal was to help out the foundation quickly *have a presence*. For this reason I took the initiative and coordinated with Rob and Tom and our designer/developers and our hosting provider to set something up right away -- to build momentum.

If the foundation liked the system great / if not than at least there was something to start with and later to copy and paste to another site/cms once it was ready. Now we don't have a foundation website to speak of and "weeks" to wait until we have something comparable?

Doesn't matter what system is used but we certainly have less than before -- unless anybody considers a zope.org page with 8 pdf downloads progress.

Anyway, good luck with that.

Regards,

Mark