Fred Drake wrote:
I'll do that.  In particular, I propose:

1. The macro extension feature be associated with a new METAL
attribute, extend-macro.  This must be used only in conjunction with
define-macro.

2. The define-macro/use-macro combination will become disallowed once more.

3. The METAL specification must be revised to reflect these changes. There are no backward compatibility issues for Zope 3.1.

Ok by me.

Where is the proposed patch?

It's attached to issue 440 in the collector:

    http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/440

Ah, I see it now. I couldn't see it until I logged in (it's probably HTTP caching biting us again.) It looks like a pretty simple change.

Shane