On Aug 23, 2005, at 5:06 PM, Michel Pelletier wrote
On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 16:26 -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:
They are know, but they are an *infeasible* join key (not only are they
strings, but as arbitrary-length strings with common prefixes, their
sorting semantics are almost worst-case for many join algorithms.)

Right, perhaps a good compromise is a URI utility which maps the URIs to
efficient join keys.  That adds a double layer of mapping, but for now
that might be an easy choice to make to give us time to think about
exposing a primary key.

I'd like something better. :-)

The relationship between ZODB content objects, their int id as provided by the pertinent intid utility, and a (theoretical) corresponding RDF URI is what I'm having a hard time not making hacky in my mind. I'll think about it some more.

Another difficulty is that I like the RDF data model and the RDFLib implementation, but I haven't found a compelling reason to care much about the actual RDF format input and output. Is there a practically compelling defense of RDF as a format somewhere to which you can point me?

Gary