Andreas Jung wrote:
Log message for revision 40683:
  - ported OFS.content_types from Z2 to Z3 (which is the most recent maintained
code)

As a result of a recent sprint, ZC has a package (zope.mimetype) that would probably be more useful to people interested in such things. I put it and another package that depends on it (zope.file) into the .org repository as top-level projects today.

Perhaps efforts can be directed toward integrating zope.mimetype (and zope.file) into the core. That'll require a proposal; we'll wait until people have had a chance to examine/use the code first. As always, feedback is welcome.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer