Jim Fulton wrote:
Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip]
 > Or am I wrong in even imagining this would be desirable?

I think so.  If there are custom views for more specific interfaces,
it is likely those custom views provide features that your generic
view doesn't.  It would be a bit unkind for your view to override
those.

I can see that...

I have to consider what this means in practice -- with a skin you often want complete control over what users see. If suddenly bits of Zope 3 pop up for your end user, that'll be very disconcerting; often I really don't want that to happen.

Then again, in practice this might not happen, as your end user may not be capable of creating such objects anyway in an application; if they could you would've skinned them... Not sure...

One troublesome scenario I can imagine is that if I make my total skin in Zope 3.n, it works, and then Zope 3.n + 1 is released and it has a more specific view registered for some content object that I'm using. I was relying on having skinned the more general interface, but suddenly in Zope 3.n + 1 I get the Zope 3 view. That'd be bad.

So, I'm not sure whether or not this ability is compromised in practice with this bugfix...

Regards,

Martijn