On Feb 5, 2006, at 10:41 AM, Stephan Richter wrote:

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 14:10, Gary Poster wrote:
zope.locking: a replacement for zope.app.locking that provides
additional features while learning from the zope.app.locking
strengths and weaknesses.

Could we deprecate zope.app.locking and move the code to zope.locking?

+1 with deprecating zope.app.locking and using zope.locking.

Move what code?  Dependents like zope.app.externaleditor?

BTW, on a somewhat related note, if anyone wants some of the zc.* code to be moved into Zope proper (maybe even just the zope.* namespace, and not the project itself), don't assume that the release as a zc.* package means we're against that. Keeping the zc.* namespace was the easiest thing to do, and did not demand refactoring our software, refactoring the core, or making a proposal. If someone wants to champion it and do the work (well, obviously not refactoring our software, but providing a generation to compensate for the name change and whatever else happened), propose it.

Gary