On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:44:56 -0000, Paul Winkler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 02:38:48PM +0100, Paul Everitt wrote:
One little Python script, maintained as part of the standard
distribution, referred to ubiquitously as the right way to start, would
have more impact on Zope adoption than nearly any other software
activity (save, perhaps, for zope.bobo).  All IMO, of course.

We do already have bin/pyskel, which is useful as far
as it goes, but that's of course not very far.

Ben Saller (and others) have worked on a python program called Skeletor (now in the Plone collective) that seems to be a very promising way of generating package infrastructure/scaffolding. I don't think it's Plone or even Zope specific, but may be a useful base. Ben's software tends to be pretty well designed. :)

Skeletor
https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/skeletor/trunk/

Ah, and then you mentioned it :-)

Martin