--On 14. März 2006 06:23:33 -0500 Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Budding in:

It would be nice to be able to use Zope schema for
conversion and validation.  ZConfig was developed at
around the same time as Zope schema.  The ZConfig developers
fealt they couldn't wait and reuse the work on zope.schema.
and developed their own schema  system.  It sucks to have
to maintain 2.  It's also a pain for people who might want
to use ZConfig's to have to figure out another.  ZConfig
obviously "fits your brain". It doesn't fit mine at all.

Could you please explain how zope.schema would deal with hierarchies?
As I mentioned earlier the file format is uninteresting at this point.
Having an easy and flexible framework for defining a configuration schema
should be the goal and I have currently no idea how you would define
some more complex configuration schemas using zope.schema.

-aj

  -   Andreas Jung            ZOPYX Ltd. & Co KG                        -
 -   E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Web: www.zopyx.com, www.zopyx.de         -