On Apr 5, 2006, at 11:03 AM, Martijn Faassen wrote:

Tres Seaver wrote:
Martijn Faassen wrote:
Gary Poster wrote:
[snip]

Jim also suggests the new, as-of-this-moment-no-longer-secret http:// download.zope.org/distribution/ as a possible location instead. All Zope committers have the appropriate privileges to scp to this directory. That's where he will be doing his egg work, at least until he thinks we have figured out the best way to make Zope eggs. It can be used a setuptools source.

I'm trying to find a way to scp the zc.resourcelibrary egg into it, but I get permission denied when I scp, possibly because I don't know which
directory 'distribution' really is on the actual system.
/var/www/download.zope.org/distribution

Hm, now I get this from scp:

Command not accepted

and verbose info says:

debug1: Sending command: scp -v -t /var/www/download.zope.org/ distribution
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug1: fd 0 clearing O_NONBLOCK
Command not accepted

Apologies for the confusion, Martijn. I checked with Jim. The procedure that Tres described is only for people who have direct access to the machine. The intended use is similar to the following:

$ touch gary_test.txt
$ scp gary_test.txt [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/distribution/
gary_test.txt 100% 0 0.0KB/s 00:00

Any Zope contributor should have privileges to add to this directory (but not to sub directories).

Gary